Monday, February 2, 2009

IUI

Although we had out minds set on ivf, we thought we give IUI a try.

So after Eid, sometime in October 2008, we went for one cycle of IUI. Dr. Hamid Arshat prescribed 3 tablets of clomid (I can't remember what is the dose for tablet) and scans showed that I had one follicle on each ovary.

On the 14th day of my cycle, we did the procedure. Basically they injected hubby's sperm directly into my uterus. It was like a pap smear so it was painless but slightly uncomfortable. A large speculum was inserted "down there" and a long thin straw thing was inserted through the speculum right into the uterus. The sperm (which was in a pink liquid in a test tube) was injected via this straw and into my uterus.

I was told to rest for about half an hour, with the procedure table tilted slightly so my head is lower than my pelvis. No I did not have to stand on my head hehe.

With a 2 week wait, the results turned out to be negative.

So we made the move into our next action plan..... ivf

Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment